After being nomonated here, a couple of days later, would you adam and eve it cuppajoeandthou comes along and nominates me for the Brotherhood of the world award.
I mean my ego now is so big I can barely get out the front door. I am just so greatful people read my blog to be nominated not once but twice for different awards is amazing. I even updated my about page to include my two lovely awards.
So from me to you cuppajoeandthou thank you, you should go check out cuppajoeandthou she is starting over again and it is a fasinating journey to read
Right the rules
Thank and link back to the person who nominated you for the award.
- List the rules and display the Brotherhood of the World Award logo to your post and/or blog.
- Answer the questions sent to you.
- Nominate (around ten) bloggers.
- Create your set of questions for your nominees.
- If you had the power to make one change to our world, what would you change?
I would do so many things but I think I would get rid of illness. I think that would start a trickle effect on other things I would like to change, like the way money works and how it makes the rich richer and the poor poorer. My grandmother had alzheimers and it was horrible to watch a lady who previously played bridge not remember her own daughter’s name. Especially because she was so physically healthy
2. What keeps you strong when you face challenge and heartache?
My family and friends. I use different people for different things to work things out. I have a couple of go to friends but I also like getting other feedback from a different perspective.
3. Who is/are your role model(s)?
I love Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks, I think they were amazing people who stood in the face of adversrity. Elizabeth 1st of England is another. Ultimately she did kill a large amount of people but she was all for woman’s rights which I quite liked
4. If you’ve seen the movie Divergent, which faction would you choose? If you’ve not seen the movie, how do your gifts and talents plug into the world at large?
I think one of my main gifts is my sense of humour I love to make people laugh, I think everyone can laugh a bit more, it makes the world a better place in my eyes
5. Is technology changing the way we live too rapidly?
I am worried about the next generation and the skills they are growing up with. Between myself and my partner if technology fails and we were plunged into the stone age, we would have a pretty good chance of survivial with him being able to catch, kill and gut animals, my knowledge of other type stuff. OK I wouldn’t be so good without him. And its those sort of things we are going to teach our son.
We do seem to rely on technology more and more, people are unable to do simple maths, we don’t write anymore, we email. In some sense its not bad but we are very much in an ever changing world,
6. If you could time travel, which time would you travel to and why?
I would go back to when I started smoking and smack myself on the head and tell me not to be so stupid. The time and money I wasted on the damn habit is annoying, but what is worse, is that it took me so long to quit and however long later I still crave the damn things. I have enough going on in my head, without wanting to mug the little old lady of her ciggerate
- If you could of personally witnessed anything what would it be?
- Where were you three hours ago?
- Who is your hero
- You can pick one person from history and have them truthfully answer one question. Who would you select and what would it be
- If you joined the circus what act would you do
- What do you think Victoria’s secret is
So now for my 10 (ish) people
I would nominate a lot more but I am limited to ten, check them out, a lot of the blogs I follow are mental health awareness but some are different