Well looky here another award. Love these, so Jess Combs over at
Nominated me for this, so thank you very much for thinking of me
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a way for bloggers to get to know each other and also get other bloggers to link to their website.
To accept the Sunshine Award, I have to:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger with a link to the website.
- Share 11 random facts about myself by answering the questions the nominating blogger has created for me.
- List 11 bloggers I believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love! (I can’t nominate the blogger who nominated me.)
- Let the 11 bloggers know I nominated them.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers I nominate to answer.
So fairly straight forward. Lets go with the questions
- Who is/are your favorite author(s)?
I love my crime so Agatha Christie is way up there, Elizabeth Peters combines mine love of Eygpt with murder mystery, Sue Grafton, Ellis Peters. Patricia Cornwell. Those are my top authors that I will read over and over again
2. What hobbies do you have?
I think my hobby is the computer, I play games on facebook, I blog, I email. Not sure if that counts as a hobby, but its what I do, other than going to look at fire stations with my son
3. What is the one thing that is always guaranteed to make you smile?
My son, pretty much can bring a smile to my face most days. His thing at the moment is to ask me where my smile is and then go abracdabra bring back mummy’s smile
4. Do you spend too much time on the internet?
Way too much time, the internet (or the laptop), like our TV is always on, I don’t necessarly pay much attention to it at times, if my son wants to play then we do but he also has the attention span of a gnat so could suddenly decide that doing a jigsaw puzzle on his own is way more fun
5. Do you have a phobia? If so, what and why? (had to ask)
I have Enochlophobia, bordering Agrophobia and Apiphobia or a fear of crowds, my anxiety has now it that I am bordering on a fear of open spaces and a fear of bees. I am not just scared of bees I hate them with a passion and will scream like a girl (which is useful as I am one) if I see one. And my fear of bees is the only one which can be explained easily as I got stung something stupid like 15 times (the number does change on a regular basis, but it was a lot)
6. Why do you blog?
I started blogging because I couldn’t believe the way the benefit system in the UK treats those with a mental disability, our benefit system is meant to be a safety net and often the gaps are so wide people, lots of people fall through it. Now I am still blogging about it, but also other things especially about mental health, my nutjob pets and my son
7. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
I am both depending on my mood at times if I am manic I am an extrovert, but with my anxiety it makes me an intovert, but when I am mentally healthy I work in clubs and pubs
8. Do you sing along with the radio even if other people are around?
If its a great song yes, but then I go round the supermarket singing old macdonald with my son. It has taken a while but I really don’t care what people think. Unless I am paranoid then we have a problem
9. What was your first thought when you woke up today? (yes, this was asked of me – I really liked it so now you have to answer it)
Oh shit my son has escaped his room (it was 5.30 and he was downstairs playing with his jigsaw puzzle. It was only because he was chatting to his bunny I woke up
10. What makes you really angry?
Quite a bit but I think nice people being taken advantage of. Or anyone of my friends being hurt. I am not even going to go into my hulk like persona if anyone hurts my family
11. What would you change about yourself, if you could?
My brain chemisty, I would make me mentally healthy but with the quirks I like
Right so now for the bloggers I would like to nominate. I am going to go for the people who I have recently started to follow because I know little about them, so it should be fun
Right so my 11 questions
- What was the last photo you took?
- what question do you hate to answer?
- Where were you 3 hours ago?
- What did you do for your latest birthday?
- Who is your hero?
- What is the weirdest thing about you and are you proud of it?
- Do you believe honesty is the best policy?
- Is there anything purple near you and if so what is it?
- If you joined the circus what would your act be?
- What would your ideal holiday be?
- Why do you think the dish ran away with the spoon (hey diddle diddle nursery rhyme)