I often talk about Gizmo, my cat
He acts more like a dog than a cat, he comes out for walks, he fetched the ball, he protects the dog.
But this is about Max
Max is a Springer Lab mix.
As this sort of a mix they have traits such as
- friendly towards strangers and other dogs
- Massive Prey Drive
- They bark at anything
- They love water.
- High Intelligence
Lets take my Dog
- He doesn’t like other dogs, he was attacked alot in a a short period of time and this has made him fearful of other dogs
- Max, is too lazy for a prey drive, unless it is his ball or an animal one of the cats has bought in
- I will agree Max does tend to bark at anything
- Max, bless his heart does not like the water in any shape or form, even rain
- For this I shall leave this photo
He stayed like that for a while.
The point of this post is never assume a dog will by typical of their breed. Things such as how well socialised they are when they are a pup, how they are treated, that sort of thing are very important, but he has not had a scary moment with water, we have never tried to train him out of his prey drive, he just can’t be arsed. He is not the most intelligent dog out there, but he is mine and I love him a lot.
If you are thinking of getting a dog, do a lot of research but don’t make the mistake we made which was take all the worse traits of each breed and be prepared for them, because he is nothing like he is meant to be