In my where in the world series, I did the USA states, I managed to name 46 and place 15 of those correctly. Hopefully when I go back to it, I will be able to name all 50. But here is one I forgot completely Indianna.
Lets find some facts about this State
- Indianna is surrounded by 4 States Michigan to the North, Ohio to the East, Kentucky to the South and Illinois to the West.
- It is called the The Hoosier State, having looked into this, no one is sure why
- Indianna means Indian Land
- The first US train robbery took place in Indianna in 1866, 26 years after the railroad was built
- It is the home of Catharine and Levi Coffin whose home became known as the Grand Central Station of the underground railroad, they helped more than 2000 slaves
- It is home to the Indianapolis 500, which has been going since 1911
- Indiana has one of the highest concentrations of limestone in the world
- Colonel Sanders founder of KFC comes from Indianna
- The first ever baseball game was played in Fort Wayne Indianna on May 4th 1871
- Scrapper Blackwell comes from Indianna. You might not know his name, but he is known as one of the earliest writers of Sweet Home Chicago
I should now remember Indianna. Well we can but hope.
Don’t forget if you want to join in, its South America, you can find all the rules at the bottom of this post, plus a map here