Southern Africa went as well as Northern Africa, not well. I didn’t get 12 countries at all
- Sao, Tome and Princeipe
- Eq Guinea
- Rep of Congo
Lets take a look at one of them. Burundi
- Burundi is a landlocked country, it has Rwanda to the north, Tanzania to the east and southeast and the Democratic Republic of Congo to the west and Lac Tanganyika lies on its southwest boarder.
- Its major languages are Kirundi, French, Swahili and English
- The Burundi flag is red, which represents the struggle for independence, and green, which represents the hope for future development. There are a white diagonal cross and a central white disk which symbolise peace. The central three stars represent the three main ethnic groups of Burundi – the Tutsi, Hutu and Twa – as well as the national motto, “Unity, work, progress.
- Burundi has seen 2 mass genocides killing over 400,000 people between them
- Lake Tanganyika is the world’s longest freshwater lake, the second-deepest and the second-largest in volume
- Just 3% of the population has access to the internet.
- Burundi won its first Olympic gold medal in its debut appearance at the 1996 Olympic Games. Vénuste Niyongabo won gold in the men’s 5,000m.
- Burundi is home to Gustave, a man-eating crocodile responsible for killing hundreds of people. The crocodile lives in Lake Tanganyika, is thought to be over 60 years old and has attacked hundreds of people between 1987 and 2009
- Burundi is not just the world’s poorest country it is also the most hungriest however they are known for brewing banana beer
- Here is some traditional music from Burundi
Here is hoping I won’t forget this country again.
If you want to join in, you can get the next map here
If you want to have a look at how I am doing on the rest of the world you can check that here