It seems only fit, consider I forgot this State twice, that I learn a little bit about it
- It is surrounded by the Atlantic on the East, Connecticut to the Southwest, Rhode Island to the Southeast, North Hampshire to the Northeast, Vermont to the Northwest and New York to the West.
- Its name comes from the Massachuset tribe of Native Americans and can translate as Large Hill Place
- Deborah Sampson was born here, she was one of a few women who disguised herself as a man to serve in the army during the revolution
- Its illegal to use tomatos in a clam chowder here
- You can visit Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg, the longest place name in the country
- In Lincoln you can see Ponyhenge a gathering of plastic rocking horses
- Basketball was invented here in 1891
- Quincy is the home to the first Dunkin Donuts
- The first lighthouse in the US was built in Boston
- Say hello to someone from Massachusetts was made the official Polka of Massachusetts
Hopefully third time will be lucky for me and this State and I might have a chance of getting the other states round that area right.