This week I tried to name countries in Eastern Europe, I failed to name 6 Estonia, Belarus, Ukraine, Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania.
Monternegro was the first one that I checked that had never visited me, lets see what I can learn about this country.
- Monternegro shares borders with Serbia to the northwest, Bosnia and Herzegovina to the north and east, Kosovo to the east, Albania to the southeast and the Adriatic sea and Croatia to the southwest
- River Bojana is the only river in the world that flows upstream and the Gurdic is a river without a riverbed
- Each resident on average has 2 phones
- The oldest olive tree (possibly in the world) is in a town call Bar, it is over 2000 years old and the city of Bar is well known for its olive oil
- It has the highest Mausoleum in the world, it is where Petar II Petrović-Njegoš sleeps
- Montenegro people are some of the tallest in the world, averaging out at 1.83m
- For such a tiny country (the size of Northern Ireland or Connecticut) it has 117 beaches and 5 airports
- You can stay in a ghost town on the island of Sveti Stefan, warning it is expensive
- It was the first country to have a national printing press
- I was going to put up some traditional music, but then I remembered they were Eurovision
I hope you learned a little something, I knew nothing about this country, so it was good to learn something about it.
Want to see some of the other challenges? Click here