I missed a fair few countries this time round, Kyrgzstein, Tajikistein, Bhutan, Maldives, Myrarmar, Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia, Brunei. All have visited my blog at least once, so I will just go alphabetical. That is Bhutan, lets see what I can learn about this country
- Bhutan is a landlocked country, in the Eastern Himalayas, it is bordered by China to the north, India to the south, east and west, Nepal and Bangladesh are located in proximity to Bhutan but don’t share a land boarder
- Druk Yul the local name for Bhutan means Land of the Thunder Dragon
- If you want to visit Bhutan, it is very tough and very expensive, you can only visit if you go through the State tours, you have to pay in advanced and you have very little choice of where you stay and what you see. The average is $250 a day.
- Bhutan was one of the last countries to get televsion, when the King allowed it in 1999
- It is the only Carbon Negative country in the world
- The airport Paro is the most dangerous airport to land on in the whole world, only 8 pilots are allowed to do it
- Women head the family here, the eldest daughter will inherit the house, over the son
- They don’t have traffic lights here, there is no need for them
- There are a lot of paintings of Phalluses everywhere, they ward of negative spirits, they are also used as a sign of good luck in trying to conceive.
- Enjoy folk songs from this amazing country
I hope you enjoyed this post, I must admit I knew very little about this country, so it was great to learn more. If you are from Bhutan Kuzu zangpo la