I am thrilled that every country in Central America has visited me, so I am going through them alphabetically, this time it is Costa Rica, lets see what we can learn about this country.
- Costa Rica is boarded to the north by Nicaragua, the Caribbean Sea to the northeast, Panama to the southeast, the Pacific Ocean to the southwest and Ecquador
- Costa Rica has no military
- It generates more than 90% of its electricity using renewable energy
- It is known as a blue zone, which means many people live to 100, could this also be connected to the fact it is one of the happiest countries on the earth
- Spanish is the national language here
- It has more ocean than land, but 25% of that land is now protected against development
- For such a tiny country it has 5% of the world’s biodiversity
- There are over 100 volcanos and at least 6 of those are active
- They refer to themselves as Ticos and if you ever visit you may hear the Pura Vida which means pure life.
- Calypso is one of the most famous musical styles to come out of Costa Rica
Are you from Costa Rica? Say Hola 🙂
You want to see any of the other posts, you can click here