This time round I didn;t get these countries Cabo Verde, Mauritania, Sierra Leone, Libera , Eritrea, Dijbouti, Somalia.
Cabo Verde, hasn’t visited my blog, lets see if we can find out why
- Cabo Verde is an island country consiting of 10 islands, 9 of which are inhabited
- It is has the highest standard of living in Western Africa
- There are more Cape Verdeans living abroad than at home
- Corn is the main staple and the national dish cachupa, which is a stew of hominy, beans and then whatever veg and meat is available
- The islands have a number of endagered species of animals living on it
- The highest peak is Pico do Fogo, which is an active volcano
- The islands were an active part of the slave trade.
- There are no railways on any of these islands
- Only about 10% of the land is suitable for agriculture, meaning most of the food is imported
- The music here is known as morna, enjoy
I hope you enjoyed learning a little bit about this country, if you come from there, please say Olá
if you enjoyed this, you can find all the other posts here
I never even heard of this country before I had read this post! cool!