I think this is the first State I have done, where I feel like I know alot about it, but we shall see
- California boarders Oregan to the north, Nevada and Arizona to the east, the Mexican state of Baja california to the south and has a coastline to the Pacific on the west.
- California, use to be an independent country, in 1846 for about a month
- California has around 100,000 earthquakes a year
- Originally California was called the Grizzly Bear State (hence the bear on the flag) but due to be wiped out by humans, it got changed to the Golden State
- San Francisco is known as the City of Dog, in 2016 there were more dogs than children
- General Sherman, is the world largest tree and lives in California, its 275 foot tall
- If you have ever eaten Almonds, chances are they have come from here 80% of the world almonds are from california
- The hottest temperature was record here, in death valley 134.1 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In 1867, it was illegal to walk down the road in San Franciso if you were ugly
- I normally put a traditional song from where I am talking about, but I had to go with one of my fav songs this time
Do you live in California? Say hi
if you enjoyed this post, you can find the others here