I have been trying to think what I know about this country and I know I have a fact in my brain somewhere, but I cant think what it is, maybe I will find it out again now.
- Croatia borders Slovania to the northerwest, Hungary to the northeast, Serbia to the east, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Montenegro to the southeast and shares a maritime border with Italy to the west and southwest.
- Croatia is home to the Dalmatian
- Croatia is home to the world’s smallest town, its called Hum
- Istria in Croatia is one of only 3 conserved amphitheatre in the world
- In Krapina, near Zagreb, is the wealthest collection of remains of neandathal people in the world
- The beach Bol, is famous for changing colour and shape depending on the wind
- The city Dubrovnic was built in 1296 and still uses the mediveal sewage system
- The necktie was invented here
- The currency here is called The Kuna, it is the croatian word for marten, which is a forest rodent, its skin was so highly prized people paid their taxes with it
- I hope you enjoy this video of traditional song and dress
Do you come from here? dobrodošao
If you want to learn about some other countries you can click here