This is not to be confused with the Republic of Congo, these are 2 different countries, lets see what I can find out about it.
- It is bordered to the northwest by the Republic of Congo, to the north by the Central African Republic to the northeast by South Sudan, to the east by Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi and by Tanzania (across Lake Tanganyika) to the south, Zambia to the south east, to the southwest by Angola and to the west by South Atlantic Ocean.
- Harpoon tips have been discovered here that are more than 90,000 years old and are some of the earliest instruments shaped by modern human using a material other than stone or wood
- Belgium’s King Léopold II set out to colonise Kongo from 1870s onward, it was the largest estate acquired by a single person and killed upward of 10 million people
- The Congo River is the 2nd largest river in Africa, after the Nile, but it is deeper than the Nile
- The Congo Basin spans 6 countries including The Democratic Republic of Congo, it makes up one of the most important wildness areas on Earth
- Mount Nyiragongo is one of the world’s most dangerous volcanos, it last erupted in 2021
- Garamba National Park was established in 1938 and is one of Africa’s oldest parks, it is also the home of the last 2 Northern African Rhinos, unfortunatly both of these are female, so this breed will go extict
- Less than 10% of the population has access to electric
- The locals have a belief that to take their photo removes their spirit.
- I hope you enjoy this video
Do you come from here? Mbote na yo