I know a little about this country, but I must admit, not much about its history or traditions
- Iraq is bordered by Turkey to the north, Iran to the east, the Persian Gulf and Kuwait to the southeast, Saudi Arabia to the south, Jordan to the southwest and Syria to the west
- Iraq is home to the world’s oldest civilisation, Mesopotamia.
- Unfortunatly Iraq has been hit by drought in recent years, so much so, a 3,400 year old city has been discovered
- If you have heard of the Garden’s of Babylon, they were once here, you can still visit the ancient site
- If you have heard of the silk road, a trading route that connected China to Europe and the middle east. Then its interesting to know that Bagdad was an important crossroads and trading center
- The Martyr’s Monument was constructing as a memorial for soliders who died in the Iraq-Iran War. It houses the names, weapons and clothing of some of the soliders
- It is proper etiquette to avoid lavishly praising another person’s possessions, because if you do, you might find yourself taking it home
- According to legend, Iraq is home to the Garden of Eden
- Sand and dust storms are common here, Sandstorms can reach a height of 50 feet
- Enjoy some of the music from Iraq
If you come from here, please say marhaba, اهلا
If you want to see any of my other posts, you can click here
Interesting facts about this country, Trina!
LikeLiked by 1 person